Vapor Barrier Removal
A vapor barrier’s purpose is to keep moisture in the ground from weakening the structure of your home’s foundation. However, when it gets worn with age or has tears from animal and insect activity, it not only allows moisture in, it holds it there. When a vapor barrier is damaged it can do more harm than help. That is where we come in. Contact The Killers Crawl Space Restoration for vapor barrier removal in Corvallis and the surrounding cities.
Vapor barrier removal and replacement is a specific kind of work that requires a thorough understanding of how a crawl space functions. Our vapor barrier removal professionals know how to make certain the area is thoroughly cleaned after a removal, ensuring there is no mold or rotting in the foundation before the new barrier is installed. We also offer full-scale pest control services, to keep out future damaging insects and rodents. When we are finished, the new vapor barrier will be well-sealed and will stay in place for years to come.
Why do you need a vapor barrier?
While you definitely want to call for your vapor barrier removal when an existing barrier is damaged, it is also a good idea to have a working one installed. There are definite benefits to having a functional vapor barrier, such as:
- Mold Prevention – A vapor barrier’s main job is to reduce the moisture in under your home or other building in Corvallis. That reduces the risk of mold by creating a less-than-ideal climate for mold growth. In addition, it is a physical barrier that keeps mold spores from infiltrating the crawl space.
- Temperature Control – Having too much moisture in your crawl space creates humidity on hot days and ice when it is cold, both make your heating and cooling system work harder. A vapor barrier regulates this by reducing the moisture level, keeping the area an even temperature all year.
- Energy Efficiency – This added level of insulation and even temperature will save in utility bills when you don’t have to fight the hot or cold air under your Corvallis home or business.
- Structural Integrity – Low moisture keeps the building materials below your home safe from rotting. That is why having a vapor barrier removal is so important when one becomes damaged.
Vapor Barrier Removal Corvallis Counts On
As a full-service crawl space restoration company, we ensure all aspects of the area under your Corvallis home are sealed, insulated, clean, and free of excess moisture. We can measure the air flow and create the optimal level of ventilation for healthy crawl space conditions. Having over 25 years experience, we are proud to offer vapor barrier removal to Corvallis. Our professionals arrive on time, offer a free estimate, and are happy to answer any questions you may have. We offer you a written estimate and wait for your approval before beginning any work.
In addition to vapor barrier removal, we also offer a complete range of services to keep your crawl space in excellent shape.
- Complete inspection with a free estimate
- Vapor Barrier Replacement
- Insulation Removal
- Insulation Replacement
- Rodent Damage Repair
- Crawl Space Cleanup
- Crawl Space Repair
- Crawl Space Restoration
Contact us today for your vapor barrier removal in Corvallis and the surrounding area.