Crawl Space Repair
A crawl space is so important to a healthy foundation. When it is in bad shape, damage can quickly spread up into a home or out through the exterior materials. The Killers Crawl Space Restoration has decades of experience offering crawl space repair and cleanup throughout Western Oregon, including the Newport area. Our crawl space repair professionals have the expertise to inspect for insect activity, rot, mold, and other forms of damage. They can clear out soiled and damaged materials, clean the area, and rebuild the crawl space. They even inspect for and restore proper ventilation before calling it complete.
Keeping your crawl space clean and free from spreading damage is a major part of the upkeep of a home. Just like the roof requires regular inspections to avoid unexpected damage, the same is true for the crawl space.
What causes crawl space damage?
- Destruction from termites and other wood-eating insects
- Rodents chewing into materials, as well as their urine and fecal debris
- Moisture saturation from broken down-spouts or other types of flooding
- Mold and mildew
Why do I need crawl space repair?
- Mold and mildew pose a health threat when they spread into airways.
- Mold deteriorates foundation materials, causing costly to repairs.
- Rodent and insect droppings carry bacteria which can get into air vents of a home or office.
- Wood-eating insects spread damage throughout the foundation and up into the structure of your home, which will only get worse over time.
- Having insulation with holes and tears will allow drafts and air leaks that increase your utility bills and make your HVAC system work harder.
- Animals sometimes die in the crawl space and/or leave urine and feces which create an odor that can be detected from inside the house.
Comprehensive Crawl Space Repair in Newport
Crawl space repair requires specialized knowledge and equipment to be done well and to be done safely. Animal and insect droppings as well as mold need to be cleared out and treated by utilizing specific products and procedures. Not having the right safety precautions can wind up spreading spores or bacteria. Our team responsibly handles these materials so you, your home, and the individuals doing the work are all safe.
Crawl space repair can include:
- Mold and mildew cleanup
- Moisture removal and drying
- Vapor barrier removal and replacement
- Insulation removal and replacement
- Cleanup of structural materials
- Insect removal and cleanup
- Rodent removal and cleanup
- Small animal removal and clean up
Call today for an inspection of your crawl space. Let us take a look and tell you what state your crawl space is in. Don’t wait until you notice an odor or already have damp, rot making its way into the flooring or walls of your home. Get a preventative inspection and stay on top of your home’s maintenance. If we find that damage has already begun, we will clean it out and repair the area with comprehensive crawl space repair in Newport and surrounding areas.