Crawl Space Repair
While a crawl space is easy to forget about, just like your roof, damage can spread and become a costly repair when you let out-of-sight become out-of-mind. There are several invaders that can destroy the functionality of your crawl space and, if not repaired soon, can lead to the spread of damage into the foundation of your home and even up into its flooring. Don’t let things get that bad. Contact The Killers Crawl Space Restoration for expert crawl space repair in Albany, OR and keep your home or office safe.
Crawl space repair should not be done by anyone who does not have the right training and equipment. Mold spores and bacteria from insects and rodent activity can be kicked into the air with improper removal tactics. This is dangerous for an individual doing the work, if he or she is not protected, and it can also spread these hazards into the airways of your home or business. That is why we highly recommend you call professionals to do the work.
Trusted Crawl Space Repair Since 1991
The Killers Crawl Space Restoration has been doing crawl space repairs in Albany, OR and surrounding areas since 1991. We have the expertise to ensure that all contaminated materials are handled and removed safely as well as responsibly disposed of. Our crawl space repair professionals know how to measure air flow and ensure correct ventilation is restored. Our knowledge of how a healthy crawl space works encompasses everything from moisture barrier replacement to mold identification, and much more.
What causes damage to your crawl space?
A crawl space repair becomes necessary when various environmental agents, animals, and insects begin to breakdown the delicate ecosystem that forms a healthy crawl space. This includes things like:
- Destruction from wood-eating insects, such as termites
- Rodent damage from chewing, urine, and fecal matter
- Water saturation from missing or broken down-spouts or flooding
- Mold and mildew
Why do you need a crawl space repair?
If your home’s crawl space has been disrupted by any of the above there are several reasons to get immediate repair. Any of the above can create damage that spreads quickly, leading to a larger expense down the road. Here are some of the reasons a crawl space repair is important:
- Mold and mildew can spread into the airways of a home, posing a health threat.
- Mold also eats away at the foundation of your home, causing deterioration that is costly to repair.
- Rodent and insect urine and droppings carry bacteria that can also be kicked up into the home and become a health threat.
- Wood-eating insects, when left unchecked, will continue to spread damage through the foundation and up into the structure of your home.
- Having torn-up or insufficient insulation allows drafts and temperature leaking that amounts to more expensive utility bills .
- Odors from a crawl space where there has been a lot of animal activity can get into a home.
Our professional crawl space repair includes an complete inspection and assessment of the damage. We remove and replace damaged insulation and damaged vapor barriers. We handle any pest control services needed and complete a thorough cleaning of the area. Before we are through, we test the ventilation and ensure that your crawl space is in perfect working shape. We have been completing crawl space restoration since 1991!
Contact us today for your crawl space repair in Albany or the surrounding cities.