Crawl Space Clean Out
A crawl space can become a mess of soiled materials, mold, and moisture. When the proper airflow is disrupted by torn insulation, a corrupted vapor barrier, or insect and vermin activity, the finely-tuned environment becomes off kilter.
Once that happens, moisture is allowed to accumulate and mold and decay sets in. It is important to have the space cleaned out before the damage worsens and spreads.
The Killers Crawl Space Restoration expertly handles crawl space clean out in Portland and surrounding cities.
Ruined crawl space materials can quickly lead to damage throughout the building materials under a home. They can even get up into flooring inside the house. Additionally, the bacteria, spores from mold, and allergens can get into ventilation inside a home and create a health hazard.
While your crawl space may be out of sight, it should not be out of mind. If you have not had an inspection of your crawl space in recent years, it is recommended that you get an assessment of its condition soon.
What are the benefits of a crawl space clean out?
- Remove damaged any vapor barriers and soiled and torn insulation
- Remove bacteria, allergens, and mold spores embedded in crawl space materials
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home or business with proper insulation replacement
- Reduce the risk of future mold and mildew with an intact vapor barrier replacement
- Treat and prevent future insects and vermin with pest control methods
- Eliminate access for wood-eating insects into the crawl space
- Clean out the source of foul odors from the crawl space
- Safeguard the building materials under the structure
Professional Crawl Space Clean Out in Portland
Crawl space clean out needs to be done responsibly and requires specific knowledge of crawl space ventilation and health. Cleaning out soiled and moldy materials can be dangerous. It requires specific safety equipment and proper disposal methods.
When non-professionals attempt to clean crawl spaces on their own, it results in the inadvertent spreading of mold spores and possible inhalation of hazardous bacteria found in insect and rodent urine and feces. It is important that this work be done by experienced crawl space professionals.
Our crawl space clean out team has more than 20 years’ experience. Our professionals are well-trained in safety measures and handle everything from:
- Removal of soiled materials
- Mold identification
- Replacing decayed building materials
- Pest control
- Vapor barrier installation
- Insulation installation
- Measuring and restoring adequate ventilation
- Sealing the area to reduce the risk of future insect and rodent infestation.
We deliver full-service crawl space clean out and restoration services. As a locally-owned business, we have been an appreciated part of the community for over two decades. In that time, we have earned our reputation for quality customer care and excellent crawl space services one customer at a time.
Contact us today for an inspection. Don’t put off your crawl space clean out in Portland. Letting the damage spread can wreak havoc on your home or business.